I know Spring is in the air but it is still cold (ish) so I thought I would share a few ideas for ‘transitional’ styling.
- Spring / summer dresses layered up. This is one I have actually been doing all winter but I am going to change this up, in the dresses that I am layering and focus on more colour, florals. More of my warmer weather dresses. Layering with long sleeve tops underneath, polo necks. Cardi’s on top (I LOVE a cardi).
- More colour. Definitely going to be wearing more colour as we head towards Spring and lighter colours too. I have been using my dusky pink leather bumbag more and it definitely feels more Spring like!
- Lighter coats and jackets. Yes its cold but you can still start wearing your trench or blazer if you layer up underneath. Especially if it is an oversized blazer. A leather biker also works layered up (or with a scarf). A denim jacket under a trench is a great layering option.
- Light scarves. Lighter scarves for me signal Spring. I like to wear a little satin scarf knotted at the neck with my blouses or jumpers and find this actually works to keep my neck warm too! I also like a lighter scarf to wear with my blazers or biker jacket. The maze print scarf, the monochrome stripe and the camouflage have been the most popular styles.
- I love sunglasses all year round and it seems you guys do too but there has definitely been a spike in sales in the last few weeks and I think its because a new pair of sunglasses is something you can wear now but signals Spring and Summer too. A little pre Spring treat that doesn’t break the bank but feels good. Now which style will you go for?!
- Tan and brown leather. Switch your handbag or belt for a tan one. I love my cognac or tan leather all year round but it definitely feels more summery. My fave's are the Vintage Stud Leather Bag and the Brown Leather Knot Belt.
- Step away from the boots. I love boots but I am feeling ready for a change so will definitely be mixing things up a bit more. Trainers, ballet, flats, clogs, loafers all help your outfits to feel a bit less wintery. Ballet flats are going to be big this year.
- This is two part. I love socks. Not as much as I love sunglasses but pretty close, lol. I have been living in my chunky retro stripe socks all winter as they are super cosy but am ready for all the fab new styles we have. The two stripe heart, Breton and smiley socks look fab with trainers. You guys are loving them. The gingham checkerboard socks are fab with clogs, trainers. The glitter stripe socks are beauties and look fab dressed up with heels, or with trainers. We also have some longer socks which are a fab switch from tights too.
You can find my style account on Instagram @keira_scottsamuel where tyou will find me styling Scott-Samuel pieces with my wardrobe, high street, preloved, vintage and independent clothes.