You might have seen this trend on TikTok or Instagram. Here I show you how to do it and try it out with some of our scarves. So before I start I need to tell you that Balaclavas are in fashion. If this is news to you, I am sorry to be the one to break it but they are. I couldn’t quite believe it myself at first but then I saw some people looking good in them. Yes, that is correct. The difference between these balaclavas and the bank robber kind is that they are a looser fit. If you have a fringe or some hair coming out at the front, they can look cute. Yes I said cute and balaclava in the same sentence.
Anyway I digress… the trend or hack as they are called by the Insta style crew is to tie your scarf into a hood shape, like a balaclava! Ta-da. Not a bank robber in site!
- So to do this you need a scarf and you start by putting your scarf on backwards, with the long length of it at the front.
- You then pull the two ends back around the front of your neck and tuck them into the main section
- How long the ends hang down depends on the scarf length and thickness but you can have a play to get it right.
- Then pull the back section up and over your head.
- Add sunglasses and off you go!
Would I wear it on the nursery run? Probably not, unless it was raining. Would I wear it to the supermarket… also prob not!
Although saying that, I actually did fashion something like this when I got caught in the rain the other day and I have definitely wrapped up like this on a v windy beach walk before, so who knows maybe I will. Will you??